Our goal is to strive to achieve “Double-A” accessibility as set out by the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0).
The WCAG 2.0 explains how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. By complying with these guidelines we will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
- Technically accessible: e.g. is it technically possible for users to access the information or perform the steps needed to accomplish the task?
- Usable: e.g. are users able to effectively and efficiently complete tasks?
- Satisfying/enjoyable: e.g. are users satisfied with the experience; is the experience enjoyable, if it is supposed to be?
Our accessibility goals
- Engage with disabled people, understand their requirements, and incorporate those requirements into website scoping and planning
- Conduct formal and informal accessibility evaluations against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 throughout development
- Put in place an ongoing post launch programme of accessibility evaluations and testing with people with disabilities
If you are experiencing issues when using the site please contact us.